Please note that our policies and procedures apply only to websites owned and/or operated by us and not to websites maintained by other companies or to any website to which we may link or to unrelated businesses with which we may share information.
What is “Personal Information”?
Personal information is any information that you provide to us or authorize us to obtain that identifies you, personally, or that can be logically associated with you. Examples of personal information would be your name, your address, your e-mail address and your Social Security Number. Demographic information such as gender, age, zip code, etc., is generally not considered personal information.
Why Do You Need To Collect My Personal Information?
We collect and use personal information to respond more completely to your requests for products and services we offer and those of our business partners, as well to service your relationship with us and any account you may have with us. We also collect personal and other information to make you aware of products and/or services that are likely to be of interest to you.
What Personal and Other Information Do You Collect and/or Maintain?
We collect and maintain the information you provide to us, such as:
- Any information you provide to us on applications or forms when you request a product or service, such as your income and accounts with others. This information may include your name, your address, your telephone number and, in some cases, your Social Security number.
- Information, such as your e-mail address, that you provide to us when you register to receive communications from us or when you communicate with us through our customer service facility, or otherwise correspond with us.
We also collect other, non-personal information, which is broadly defined as any information that is not and cannot be directly associated with you. An example of this type of non-personal information would be your zip code.
How Do You Use The Personal and Other Information You Collect?
We use the personal information you supply to us, for a number of purposes, such as to provide to you the service(s) or product(s) that you request, to service your account, and to keep you informed about services that may be of interest to you.
We may also use your personal and other information to enhance your experience on our website(s) by displaying content based on your preferences and/or to send information to you about additional products or services in which you may be interested. We may “depersonalize” your personal information to enable us to use that information, aggregated with the information of others, for research, analysis and modeling purposes.
With Whom Do You Share My Information?
If you submit a request for a product or service, we will share the personal and other information you supply with those products and service providers that have agreed to participate in our network. Generally, these product and service providers are prohibited from using the information we provide to them for any other purpose, including using your information for other, unrelated marketing purposes.
Additionally, we may share your personal and other information within our family of companies for a number of purposes, for example, to process your requests and to keep you informed of services that may be of interest to you. Any person with whom we share your personal information is also required to comply with federal and state privacy regulations and will have its own privacy policies that should be made available to you at the time you are first contacted.
Are There Any Other Circumstances Where You Disclose My Information?
We may be required to share your information with law enforcement or government agencies in response to subpoenas, court orders or other forms of legal process. We may elect to share information when, in our reasonable judgment, such sharing is necessary or appropriate for the investigation or prevention of illegal activities, including actual or suspected fraud, real or potential threats to the physical safety of any person or otherwise as required by law.
How Do You Collect Information Online?
We collect certain types of non-personal information and technical data from each visitor to our website(s). For example, when you click on a banner advertisement or text link that is associated with one of our websites, the banner or text placement, along with the time of your visit, your Internet Protocol address and other path-related information, is sent to us. Similarly, the page requests you make when you visit our website(s) are stored and used by us. We use this information, none of which is or can be personally associated with you, for statistical and analytic purposes, to help us understand which page views are most appealing to our customers and to help us improve the likelihood that we will be able to offer you only products or services in which you have a genuine interest.
What Are Cookies? “Cookies” are small files that are placed automatically on your computer system when you visit a website. Cookies enable a website to recognize you as a return visitor and, by keeping track of your website activity, help us identify which pages to serve to you while reducing the time it takes for those pages to load. Cookies enable us to personalize and enrich your experience and are not tied in any way to your personal information. If you do not wish to accept cookies or if you wish to remove cookies that remain in your browser following the close of your browser session, you may adjust the settings on your web browser to prevent cookies from being placed on your hard drive. Please review your web browser “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings.
What Are Web Beacons? “Web beacons” are, like cookies, small files that enable an ad server to recognize a visitor’s cookie when the visitor returns to a particular site. Web beacons may also be used in e-mail advertising to help track which e-mail messages have been opened. Web beacons are used to track the movement of visitors to our sites and, like cookies, are not tied to any personal information.
What Are DoubleClick DART Cookies? “DART Cookies” are used for ad service through Google’s DoubleClick, which places a cookie on your computer when you are browsing the web and visit a site using DoubleClick advertising. This cookie is issued to serve ads specific to you and your interests. The ads served will be targeted based on your previous browsing history. DART uses “non personally identifiable information” it does NOT track personal information about you, such as your name, email, address, physical address, telephone number, social security numbers, bank account numbers or credit card numbers.
How Do You Safeguard The Information You Collect?
The security of your personal information is a very high priority for us and we take a number of steps to safeguard it. Some of the measures we take are:
- Limiting access to personal information to those employees who are critical to the delivery of products and services to you.
- Implementing appropriate physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to guard against unauthorized access or use.
- Requiring appropriate consents and protections from our business partners before we share any personally identifiable information.
Business Debt Law Group use commercially reasonable physical and technical security measures to protect all personal information in our possession. We cannot, however, guarantee or warrant the absolute security of any system or that any information we hold will not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
How Long Do You Retain My Personal Information?
We normally retain your personal information for a reasonable time after our customer relationship with you ends, and in any event, generally not less than one (1) year from the date we first collect it. For legal reasons, we may sometimes be required to retain personal information for a longer period. Under certain circumstances, Federal and/or state law may require us to retain your personal information for different periods of time.
We may disclose personal information about former customers to affiliated and other persons in the same way and of the same types as we disclose for customers.
Non-personal information may be retained indefinitely.
What Choices Do I Have?
You can always elect not to provide personal information to us, although if you do not complete and submit the information we ask for we may not be able to provide you with the most complete responses or you may not be able to access all the available features. Any forms on our site are complimentary and do not require you to submit any personal information.
Choices You May Make for Your Privacy
You may choose to limit the way we share information about you. You may also choose to limit the solicitations we send you. These choices are referred to as “opt-outs.”
- Sharing of Information Outside of the Business Debt Law Group Network Family of CompaniesIf you do not want us to disclose nonpublic personal information about you outside the Business Debt Law Group family of companies, you may choose to opt out of those disclosures. In other words, you may tell us not to share this information and we will not, except in those cases where we may be required or permitted by law. For example, required disclosures may be made to law enforcement and regulators, while permitted disclosures may be made to vendors assisting us in opening, maintaining or servicing your account. (CA and VT Residents: To the extent state law applies, we will not disclose information about you outside the Business Debt Law Group family of companies, except as required or permitted by law.)
- Use and Sharing of Information among Companies in the Business Debt Law Group Network FamilyAffiliate Marketing-Companies and third party advertisements in the Business Debt Law Group Network family may market their products and services to you based on information received from other companies in the Business Debt Law Group Network family. This may include any information collected about you. If you would like to limit the offers you may receive based on this shared information, you may choose to opt out. If you opt out, we will not market products or services to you based on information received from other companies in the Business Debt Law Group Network family, except as expressly permitted by law. This limitation will not apply in certain circumstances, such as if you ask to receive information from the Business Debt Law Group Network company.
- How to Opt-OutYour opt-out choices will continue to apply until you tell us to change them, except with respect to limits on solicitations which we will honor for the time periods required by law. If you have previously opted out based on the Business Debt Law Group notice and would like to keep the same preferences you do not need to opt out again.Joint/Multiple Accounts: Your opt-out choices will apply to all of your consumer accounts within the Business Debt Law Group family of companies, including joint accounts. For a joint account, an opt-out choice made by one joint account holder will only apply to that account holder.Applicants: Unless otherwise notified, applicants who do not become our customers may not make certain privacy elections.
You can choose to disable or selectively turn off our cookies or third-party cookies in your browser settings, or by managing preferences in programs such as Norton Internet Security. However, this can affect how you are able to interact with our site as well as other websites. This could include the inability to download forms.
Deleting cookies does not mean you are permanently opted out of any advertising program. Unless you have settings that disallow cookies, the next time you visit a site running the advertisement, a new cookie will be added.
You can opt-out of DoubleClick DART cookies ad servicing on all sites using this advertising by visiting, http://www.doubleclick.com/privacy/dart_adserving.aspx
A Special Note about Children’s Privacy
We do not knowingly collect, use or share personal information about visitors under 18 years of age. If you are under 18 years of age, you can use the products and/or services offered on our website(s) only in conjunction with your parents or guardians.
Special Notification for California Residents
California residents who provide us with their personal information may request certain information regarding disclosures made to third parties for direct marketing purposes, including the names and address of those to whom such disclosures have been made. Such requests must be submitted to us.